Saturday, November 20, 2004

Autumn Centerpieces

I have not been able to post a picture of the centerpieces/favors I made for my sister's baby shower. I brain farted & forgot to take my digital camera & taking a picture of a picture doesn't work. So, I'll walk you through it.
* Start with a large deep wicker type basket. We used a pumpkin one.
* Buy individual potted plants in different varieties & colors. Home Depot or your local nursery carry them for $1.99 - 3.99.
* Wrap the plastic pots in decorative foil. We used gold.
* Place plants in the bottom of the basket. Use plants of lower height for the base(ivy, etc). 4-5 should fit depending of the size of the basket.
* Layer a second level of plants using different heights & colors. 5-6 should fit depending on basket size.
At the end of your party/event tell your guests to take a plant of their choice from the basket. This is their favor.

Posted by Dawn Falcone @ 4:00 PM 3 comments