Tuesday, August 24, 2004

I WANT PASTA!!!

Tom's son Kyle, is coming to NYC this weekend. We are taking him to R.I. with us for my cousin's wedding. This is his first Big Italian Wedding & the first time meeting my family. I hope that everyone is well behaved! Tonight I'm getting my outfit ready for the wedding. I'm wearing a dress from the 70's that was my grandmother's. I'm altering it to fit me & dyeing some shoes in tea to match the dress.
My food cleanse is going o.k. Yesterday, I really needed some sugar so I cheated, which is very bad. Today I really want pasta, which I can't have. Everywhere that I went today I kept smelling pasta. I even thought that I smelled it at the dry cleaners!! I have 2&1/2 more weeks of not eating anything with any flavor in it. I hope I can make it!!

Posted by Dawn Falcone @ 9:45 PM 5 comments

5 Comments:

109388855111386376">  

At 1:55 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

What a great web site!! It is fun, user friendly and easy to navigate. I tried the margarita pie receipe; the pie is awsome! It did not look exactly like the one in the picture, but I will keep trying. I just need an excuse to make it again. I look forward to checking out your site again for more of your family secrets and useful life hints. Oh, I also appreciated your tips on how to make family visits more pleasant.

 
5940401076137762138">  

At 9:09 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

How exactly did you dye your shoes with tea? I cannot find any info on them, just on cloth. Do you drop the shoes in hot tea or apply tea solution with some kind of applicator?
Thanks.

 
6733045388319095720">  

At 10:28 AM, Anonymous Vivian said...

How can a life with garlic not have any flavor? j/k I know going without pasta is even harder than going without dessert for me! I dream about breads and spaghetti, literally. I havent been able to do it for more than a few days at a time so far but I'm working on it. As for the shoe dyeing question, try a shop here http://www.gatheringguide.com/ec/bridal_shops_dresses.html if you can't dye it yourself. The pros tend to do a good job and are happy to do it for you, if you find someone cheap.

 
5226813327326157737">  

At 10:30 AM, Anonymous Eliza said...

How can a life with garlic not have any flavor? j/k I know going without pasta is even harder than going without dessert for me! I dream about breads and spaghetti, literally. I havent been able to do it for more than a few days at a time so far but I'm working on it. As for the shoe dyeing question, try a shop here http://www.gatheringguide.com/ec/bridal_shops_dresses.html if you can't dye it yourself. The pros tend to do a good job and are happy to do it for you, if you find someone cheap.

 
5850124417293114971">  

At 10:32 AM, Anonymous Vivan/Eliza said...

Hah, sorry, I thought it didn't post the first time, and thought better of using my real name. Oh well, now you know :) Don't stalk me, Internet peoples!