Saturday, December 11, 2004

To Tree Or Not To Tree

Xmas is here & I'm beginning to feel overwhelmed. Yesterday, I received a bunch of holiday cards in the mail & I realized that I haven't even bought mine yet. I'm sooooooo behind. I asked Tom if we should put up a tree this year & he said it's up to me. We are not even here for Xmas. We spend it with our families in R.I. & V.A., so the poor tree would be so dead by the time we get back. And I'm a bit of a perfectionist so it takes me at least 3 hours to trim my tree. I'm also working so much the next 2 weeks that I will not even get to enjoy the tree. And there's still shopping & baking to be done. I'm trying hard to convince myself. O.k. The truth is I really do not want to put up a tree, but I'm feeling a little guilty about it. I do want to be the next "domestic diva" afterall. D.D.'s all have to put up beautifully decorated trees that are works of art. I bet Martha has decked out her prison cell in her New England Xmas finest. Obviously I need a little help letting myself off the hook. Damn! Is Italian Catholic guilt never ending?

Posted by Dawn Falcone @ 8:30 AM 6 comments

6 Comments:

110276809655900367">  

At 7:28 AM, Blogger Jessica Moreau Berry said...

I'm sure it's no different then French Catholic guilt!

I'm not going to decorate this year either...I had a good cry about it. Every year I decorate in all natural. Jon and I strap on our antique pack baskets...head into the woods and fill up with natural materials, drag a small tree out of the woods, then put on music, drink wine and make wreaths, decorate our mantle etc. This year will be the first year that we skip this little tradition since we first met. JUST NO FREAKIN' TIME!! And we wont be here either! Am I depressing anyone yet?

Speaking of no time...I'm done taking orders (So Sorry) so I wont be able to make you snowmen....hopefully next year I'll have an online store and will be prepared for some real business!

P.S...I love the last post you little schmoozer you!

 
110278407453641775">  

At 11:54 AM, Blogger Dawn Falcone said...

Thanks Jes, for helping to ease my decorating pain. Please put me on the top of the list for snowmen for next year!!

 
110279632637059554">  

At 3:18 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Relax on the holiday stuff...if you won't really enjoy the tree, then don't do it.

We went to Florida a couple of years in a row, for Xmas with my mother in law (who now lives here) and so no tree for us and less of the xmas headaches...and I never send cards out till Valentines Day now, people remember them more when they aren't getting tons of them...
violetismycolor

 
3013187240478172963">   224560767518116153">   3204952644435343547">