Sunday, May 15, 2005

Bad, Bad Girl!

Hi Friends! I'm sorry I've been a bit slack lately. I'm a bad blogger!!! I've been working on a couple of projects & will share the details once things come together a little bit more.
My Sunday was spent in a writing class. Seven hours of learning all about the art of memoirs. Damn, my ass hurts from sitting on those hard wooden school chairs! The seminar was informative & hopefully you will soon see (read) some of what I learned. I figured I need all the help I can get with the stories that will accompany the recipes. I wish I could just talk the stories. I'm a much better storyteller than writer. But, practice makes perfect, or at the least, practice will make it readable!

Posted by Dawn Falcone @ 10:45 PM 4 comments

4 Comments:

111624719806941410">  

At 8:39 AM, Blogger Jessica Moreau Berry said...

Dawn, that is such a good idea! I always thought I should take one of those creative writing classes...but I don't know if I'd like the HARD WOODEN CHAIRS!

Just checking in on the baby birds! (I'm so queer, honestly....I have Starlings that nest in the eaves of my house, and Pheobees (sp?) all through the barn) But I can understand why you'd be excited....I used to be a city gal once upon a time!

 
111637009682745198">  

At 6:48 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Wow, 7 hours in a wooden school chair to study the art of the memoir...commendable! Those classes always sound good, but I'm horribly stubborn and figure they'll just teach me how to write 'properly'...when really I just want to write the way I talk (like THAT'S a good thing). Looking forward to reading some of that writing!

 
111638824449958828">  

At 11:50 PM, Blogger Dawn Falcone said...

Hi Girls!!!
Lu, I'm totally going to take your advice & start recording myself. So many stories come to me while i'm walking down the street. Hey, I live in NYC people talk to themselves all the time here.
Jenn, I love to read one of your short stories. Will you share it when you're finished?
Marilyn, this class was all about writing the way that you talk. I think that's the difference between memoir & fiction writing.
Hope, you enjoy the spring. It's nice to hear you sounding so upbeat again!!

 
8773264337803288523">