Friday, December 17, 2004

Cookie Time

I'm going to do a little Xmas cookie baking this year. Last year, I made over two hundred of those buggers from scratch for Tom's family. I was so over cookies that I couldn't even look at one for an entire month (Oh the horror!!). This time around I'm only making the easy recipes, so nothing is going to be from scratch (again, oh the horror!!). I'm making magic cookie bars, chocolate chip reeses & decorated sugar cookies. The sugar cookies are a tradition Tom & I have. We drink a little wine, get out our cookie cutters, frosting & food coloring & the party begins. We get creative mixing the food coloring, so the end product doesn't really look too Xmasy. I'd say our cookies look very psychedelic, a la Jerry Garcia. I will share my recipes with you over the next few days because everyone should have yummy, fabulously easy cookie recipes.

Posted by Dawn Falcone @ 11:05 AM 6 comments

6 Comments:

110328670988947310">  

At 7:31 AM, Blogger Jessica Moreau Berry said...

Holy Moly Dawn....I've been so busy with homemade Christmas...that I've been scanning everyones sites, but not commenting, because it's been so crazy...I definetly owe you a BIG FAT comment! THANKS for nominating me for that site, I will check it out tonight after I get home from slinging beers! There are so many talented crafters out there...I can't believe anyone would think to nominate me, you are the SWEETEST Gal evah'!

I can't wait for the cookie recipes...Jon loves cookies!

I love your restaurant stories...I've been in the biz for...well for too long really! Now I am down to 3 shifts a week...(1 double and Friday afternoons)...which pays my bills, so I can do the crafty thing! I've been working in a little sports bar for the past 5 1/2 years on this part time schedule, but before that it was the restaurant scene. I loved your story about the party who wouldn't party! I used to manage a bar and restaraunt before this job, and I remember one particular Valentines where I hired this very hip blues band from Portland (our big city) and sold all of these tickets for dinner, wine, and music...and NO oNE would get up and dance! But the staff boogied while we waited on tables, and I boogied while pouring drinks...I thought what is wrong with these people anyway? So myself and the staff started to grab people and drag them on to the dance floor to get the ball rolling. CRAZY! I guess the big city band was just too much for these folks to handle!

Cheers!

 
110335696459534950">  

At 3:02 AM, Blogger Jessica Moreau Berry said...

Hey, me again...I went and checked out that site and nominated you in the cooking!

 
110340024945405335">  

At 3:04 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Just stopping in to say hello and to congratulate you on your recent nomination at the BoB Weblog Awards 2004.

www.blogmechanics.com/bob

 
115262828194723434">   2674821401458558564">   3662675881509579313">