Thursday, February 10, 2005

Martha's Reality Show

I've been receiving emails & phone calls about Martha's new Apprentice-like show. Coworkers are telling me to audition for it because this could be my "big break". I vowed after Wickedly Perfect that I was done with reality television. I'm not a fan of it at all & they never really show anyone in a positive light & the contracts you have to sign are horrendous. So why am I considering Martha's show? Sure the $250,000 a year paycheck would be fabulous, but I've never dreamed of working for her. And I honestly believe that Ms. Stewart is doing the entire show to help improve her image & not to find the next big lifestyle talent. And yet, I'm still considering it. Come on girls, talk me out of it!!

Posted by Dawn Falcone @ 3:30 PM 4 comments

4 Comments:

110807073448409278">  

At 4:25 PM, Blogger Unknown said...

Is it a reality show? Then OF COURSE they will make you look like shit. That's the name of the game.

 
110814981518730285">  

At 2:23 PM, Blogger foodiechickie said...

I was thinking about you when I heard about it last night. I couldn't work for Ms. Martha. I luvre her stuff but she seems a bit scary.

 
110816319777655138">  

At 6:06 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'll just share a little family story with you, Ms. Dawn.

One of my older cousins had a catering business in Connecticut, back in the day, and Martha Stewart (just starting out at the time) was her competition. She said she was an incredible cutthroat and roundly despised by everyone in the community. Apparently she was absolutely rotten to everyone that wasn't a client and went through staff at a furious pace.

Probably nothing that people haven't hashed over a million times, but it does make you think a little. I mean, I heard that for the first time when I was just a kid...WAY before she had her huge success. That's not the kind of person I'd want to be around for anything. Life's too short.

On the flip side, there's a reason they call it 'show BUSINESS', right? So, if you can grow a thick skin and decide from the get-go that you won't let anything bring you down, then I say you should go for it. Life's too short!

Cheers,
Moira

 
110819771396080809">  

At 3:41 AM, Blogger Dawn Falcone said...

Thanks you all for your words of wisdom. I decided that I'm not going to get involved with Ms. Stewart's reality show this time around. If it's like The Apprentice then they'll probably run it more than 1 season. I'll check out season 1 & if it seems fun & not too caddy than I'll try out for season 2.