Tuesday, May 24, 2005

Home Matters

It's been a busy few days. Tom's parents are coming to visit this weekend. There's nothing like company to whip all your home improvement projects into high gear. We spent a good portion of our day at Home Depot, which fills me with so much joy. I can't say the same for Tom. He actually dreads the place. He does have a natural knack for building things, though I'm not sure if he really enjoys it. He dreams of buying a loft that's either a fixer upper or totally down to the bare bones & doing all the work ourselves. After one day of just putting up selves together, I don't know if we could actually build an entire home without killing each other. I guess the first step is finding a place that we can afford (no small feat in NYC)& Tom becoming one with Home Depot.
I'm working another dirty double tomorrow, but Thursday is all about cooking. I'm going to make my gravy & meatballs which I'll be serving to our guests on Saturday. I'll pour the gravy over homemade manacotti & serve a side of sauteed broccoli rabe. Stuffed mushrooms will be the starter. If all goes well, that will be 5 recipes I check off as complete!!.

Posted by Dawn Falcone @ 8:50 PM 3 comments

3 Comments:

111698995566327382">  

At 10:59 PM, Blogger Jessica Moreau Berry said...

Hi Dawn! I haven't been on the computer in like 5 days....so I'm just now getting to see the bird pics! TOO cute!

Good luck this weekend with your company and cooking!

 
111705555105069267">  

At 5:12 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Ah yes, building a nest with one's loved one...it can be quite a taxing feat, eh?! :) Your menu sounds divine...happy cooking!! (Hope that double wasn't too miserable.)

 
115263955898390579">  

At 1:39 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

What a great site
»