Thursday, August 04, 2005

More Wedding News

Here's brief update on all the wedding stuff. We found a photographer & a DJ that are not only within our budget, but under. The photographer has worked on my sister & two cousins' weddings. My cousin Lea came with me to meet with him & I think she had a major impact on the outcome. She sent him 3 friends this year, so he was very willing to cut his price for me. YAH!!!

The DJ came highly recommended from few Rhode Islanders. He only books one or two weddings in March so he was very willing to negotiate the $$$. WHOO HOO!

Now, for some bad news - the florist. He's is a friend of the family & he did my sis & Lea's wedding. He truly does an amazing job, but the price he quoted me was outrageous. I asked him to do my bouquet, which will consist of mostly red roses with some crystals attached to wire & wrapped in ribbon (an English bouquet). His cost - $150. I asked for 9 centerpieces for the reception. I know what I want & sent him to a website (click on Linens to take a peek) to see. I did say that he can add to it to make it even more beautiful & funky. And man, did he add to it! His final price was $1,500!! For 9 centerpieces & 1 bouquet! Can you believe that? My sister paid him $2000 total & that included her bouquet of calla lilies, flowers for her 15 person wedding party, flowers for 15 parents/step-parents & grandparents, 2 huge bouquets for the church, 15 elaborate centerpieces for the reception, and a floral arrangement for the guestbook/favor table. Was he trying to rip me off or what?! So, I'm on the hunt for someone more reasonable. I will be making all of the boutonniere's & the honor attendant's bouquets. I just didn't want the added stress of putting together the centerpieces 24 hours before I'm to be married.

Posted by Dawn Falcone @ 2:53 PM 5 comments

5 Comments:

112319657836325748">  

At 7:02 PM, Blogger Tracy S said...

Wow !! I remember this time last year I was planning my wedding ..It is so much fun and so much stress at the same time ....Those center pieces were amazing ..Thanks for stopping by my place earlier :)

 
112328609755137136">  

At 7:54 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Yeah...just a TINY difference between your quote and your sister's. What is he THINKING?! Like you're not going to compare notes with her...sheesh. Hope you find someone great with affordable prices.

 
112328850224463012">  

At 8:35 PM, Blogger ninjapoodles said...

While I had a real, and gorgeous bouquet...we made beautiful centerpieces and table arrangements from silk flowers way ahead of time. It really did work out well.

I love the "look" you have in mind! Hope you are able to work something out. Good luck!

 
112370117728508698">  

At 3:12 PM, Blogger Unknown said...

You can always substitute somethign seasonal and see if that knocks the price down. Or, ask him how to get it down to a certain dollar amount, and see what he suggests.

 
1931526244915571533">