Monday, March 12, 2007

De Do Do Do, De Da DaDa

Tom and I celebrated our 1 year wedding anniversay yesterday. Well, we started celebrating Saturday night. Can you believe it's already been a year since the wedding? Time flies. Jes & her hubby Jon came to NYC for the weekend. We met them at a bar in Little Italy for a drink then headed to a cute tavern in the West Village for dinner, where we met up with friends Mary & Eric. The food and company were good. Jes brought Mary and I some of her gorgeous handmade jewelry. I now have four Jes Berry one of a kind necklaces. I already have my eye on another and may ask Tom to get it for my birthday. After dinner we went to a fancy cigar bar, one of the few places left in NYC that allows public smoking. Jes and I had the most amazing Bellini's made with lots of fresh peach nectar. Yum. And of course we all smoked a stogie. Our boys, who were meeting for the first time, really seemed to hit it off. We are going to visit Jes & Jon in July for a Maine nature adventure.

Sunday, Tom & I decided to just have a chill day. We slept in, went out for breakfast, and lounged around. Tom got lots of goodies for our evening celebration; goose liver mousse, caviar with blinis & all the trimmings, aged Reggiano cheese, pink champagne and chocolate truffles for dessert. Wow! I felt spoiled. The first anniversary is paper so I got Tom tickets to see The Police at Giants Stadium in August. Actually our friend Paul Raff got the tickets for us. We're going to tailgate before the show. I haven't been to a tailgate party since my college years. It should be lots of fun.

Posted by Dawn Falcone @ 8:23 AM 3 comments

3 Comments:

8619452531916317584">  

At 5:03 PM, Blogger Unknown said...

Happy Anniversary, I love your idea about buying tickets to represent "paper". Great idea!

What a fun meet-up. :)

 
1335240432066189177">  

At 6:38 AM, Blogger Jessica Moreau Berry said...

It was so much fun Dear Friends!! Thnaks for showing us a fab time as always!!!

Jon liked Tom VERY much and can't wait to take him fishing! I can't wait for a boat ride, and to pick fresh mussels and to have a lobster bake, and to take you walking on a new trail by the house...etc.!!

 
5209594785462447879">