Saturday, March 08, 2008

Baby Baby

I've been away for a while but, I have returned with some news to share. I'm 5 months pregnant! Tom & I are very excited. We found out while vacationing in Costa Rica. And as luck would have it the morning sickness started immediately after the news was revealed. It would have been great if I were only nauseous and vomiting in the morning and if it all cleared up by noon. That wasn't the case. I was sick all day & night for the entire 1st trimester.

Many different things would set me off. Weird smells, which are everywhere, especially in the NYC subways; the thought of certain foods, cooking, quick movements, loud noises, Tom's morning breath (I guess that goes under the weird smell category) just about everything. I also caught some kind of bug right before the holidays. Christmas Day & New Year's were spent in bed drinking water and eating saltines. It took me over a month to shake the thing. I guess my body was very busy & didn't have the time or energy to ward off infections.

Speaking of energy, I had absolutely none for a while. There were a few Saturdays that I did not even get out of my pj's. And the big task of the day was moving from the bed to the couch. I do think that Tom enjoyed this since I wasn't all over his case to go to Costco, Target or Trade Joe's or fix things around the house.

The good news is all of that has passed. I have my energy back, I'm feeling much better, I'm back on Tom to get things done before the baby arrives and most importantly our little guy is healthy. Yup, I did say guy. It's a boy!! Which I knew from about the time I was 8 weeks along. I had very strong feelings about it. And I had dreams. My mom believes that if you dream that you're having a boy, you are actually having the opposite, but this is also the same woman that told me that if a bird craps on you it's good luck.

The day before I found out for sure I had a dream about my grandfather. I've not had a dream about him since he passed. In my dream he was sitting in his chair in his home and holding my son. He didn't say a word. He just looked very happy. That's when I knew for sure.

Posted by Dawn Falcone @ 4:40 PM 3 comments

3 Comments:

2596353250748767371">  

At 5:11 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Dawn and Tom, congratulations!
It's always a miracle, a little one... sigh... :)

Enjoy!

Blessings
Thaleia

ps: Michele sent me

 
5738968729489368705">  

At 4:17 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

CONGRATS!! I am glad you commented otherwise I would'nt have come back here!

Yes I am 10 weeks now! I had a dream of Baby mogul was a boy and of course that came true! I want a girl this time so cross fingers! Yes I am still feeling the lethargic pregnancy phase!!

 
6736162914350847701">  

At 11:00 PM, Blogger Bailey said...

Congrats! So happy to hear the news. Wondered where you had been for so long and this explains it! Keep us posted as much as you can.