Wednesday, February 23, 2005

Cravings

The past couple of days I've been having such strong food cravings. No, I'm not pregnant, I've always had them. I've gone through the salami & pickled peppers sandwich phase & pretzels & cottage cheese thing. My latest is fresh sauteed spinach (which I crave quite often) & homemade minestrone soup. I think the spinach thing could have something to do with my body needing iron. The minestrone soup can be attributed to a co-worker. On Friday he told me about his recipe for it, which includes a white bean puree & pancetta. He went into such detail describing it that I begged him for the recipe. I told him that if/when I post it on my site he would get full credit. I've never really had true kickass, homemade minestrone soup. It's just not part of my family's repertoire. I'm off to work today & hope my co-worker is there with recipe in hand.

Posted by Dawn Falcone @ 11:36 AM 6 comments

6 Comments:

110924778006741352">  

At 7:23 AM, Blogger Jessica Moreau Berry said...

Me too with the food cravings! And I agree that your body is telling you what you need! I'm slightly anemic, and I NEVER take my iron pills as my stomache doesn't like them, but I always crave iron-rich food. I LOVE spinach too! When I first met my hubby, he told me he din't like spinach...(supposedly he didn't like a lot of things) (due to his Mom's cooking) (oops...did I say that?)...any way...we put spinach in everything!

THose cards are FABULOUS!!! Can't wait to see what you come up with for the journal! I do hope you tuck a recipe in it!

PS...have not been able to read blogs daily, due to being so busy, but, I DO catch up on all of your posts! Just so you know I still love 'ya!

 
110926859456542316">  

At 1:09 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Did you say pretzels and cottage cheese? Cottage cheese?!?!? That's a funky craving, Ms. Dawn. Now, cottage cheese, canned tuna and italian dressing- that's another thing entirely. [Moi takes off running so she doesn't have to hear Dawn's gagging/laughing noises]

Moira

 
110926890039256304">  

At 1:15 PM, Blogger Dawn Falcone said...

I'm glad to hear that I'm not alone in the food craving thing. I'm also not alone in the strange food cravings category. Moira, I was totally cracking up when I read yours. I just might try it one of these days.

 
110929006176403706">  

At 7:07 PM, Blogger Leslie said...

I've been having "sweet tooth" cravings (and yes! baby is involved!). I CRAVE anything sweet and sugary (which is usually unlike me)....I had the same cravings with my older daughter, and with my son, I craved salty, spicy things. Weird, huh?

 
115657020872657460">  

At 1:30 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

All i wanna eat is lots o garlic. What does that mean??????????

 
2538175421706102553">  

At 9:35 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Wonderful and informative web site. I used information from that site its great. cholesterol diet fat low low plans Save on pdas from palmone Costar co monitor battery