Tuesday, March 22, 2005

Peeps My Fav Easter Treat

I went to my mailbox yesterday & inside were fabulous cards & letters & not a bill to be found! Thanks cousin Becky for the sweet card. Thank you Hope for the collage postcard. I will add it to my collection. And thanks Lucrecer for the lemony recipes.
I will put the recipes away & bake them at a later date because I'm banned from sugar for a while. Why do you ask? Here's my sad story.

Saturday evening, Tom was on a shoot & he called to see what I was doing - writing & what I had for dinner - Peeps.
"You ate that entire package of Peeps for dinner? What about real food?" he asked in horror.
"Well," I said, "after eating 14 Peeps, my belly's full & now there's no room for real food."
I will not bore you with the rest of our conversation, but it basically turned into an intervention, where I finally had to admit....."Hi, I'm Dawn & I'm a sugar addict." So, I'm giving my body a rest for a couple of weeks, which is very difficult to do around Easter time (or anytime for me). I'm expecting a chocolate bunny in the mail from my Haremail friend! I'll put the bunny away & have him at a later date for dessert, not for lunch or dinner.

Posted by Dawn Falcone @ 7:26 PM 7 comments

7 Comments:

111158663862995949">  

At 9:03 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I must be the only woman I know who doesn't like/crave Peeps at this time of year. :) I don't think even *I* could eat 14 Peeps...and I can be a junk food VACUUM! My hat's off to ya!

Lovely post about your grandmother's GRAVY.

 
111159860783269346">  

At 12:23 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I was just reading recently that people can and are addicted to sugar. It is a REAL addiction and stopping it puts people into withdrawal. That is part of the South Beach diet I believe. Getting off sugar and losing the cravings. It makes one VERY cranky and headachey. My daughter is a real sugar fanatic. I have been thinking about how to shut it down. I should try too. Good luck.

 
111159867590169966">  

At 12:24 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

My URL wasn't working

 
111162014387457411">  

At 6:22 PM, Blogger Elizabeth said...

Marilyn, you aren't alone. NOt only could I not eat 14 Peeps but I don't think I could even look at 14 Peeps. :^D And while I'm not exactly a junk food vacuum, I have been known on to stuff collossal amounts of things made with butter and/or cream into my gullet. (a box of turtles and giant cans of poppycock spring to mind)

Excuse me for being a copycat, Marilyn, but that WAS a lovely post about your grandmother's gravy. I want some!

This is my favourite link about Peeps:
http://www.peepresearch.org/

and my second favourite:
http://www.marshmallowpeeps.com/recipes_crafts/

Type "basket" into the recipes search window to see the recipe for the Peeps Easter basket. Bet you can't eat THAT all in one go, Dawn!

 
111175850657141193">  

At 8:48 AM, Blogger Elizabeth said...

I'm really glad to hear via my blog to hear that I'm not the only one who thinks the peeps links are funny, Dawn. But I'm a little disappointed ;^) to hear that you wouldn't be able to eat the basket in one sitting... is the wiring and ribbon that would slow you down? :^D (Did you look at the Peeps cake??)

-Elizabeth

 
539733130708166901">   6380244749711814803">