Thursday, May 26, 2005

Gravy Heaven

My apartment smells heavenly today. That's because I got up bright & early this morning to make a gravy. I've been perfecting it for years, slowly adding & expanding upon Momma's original recipe. Working hard to make it my own. What's the difference between me & my grandmother's? Mine definitely has more garlic in it(but, of course) & I add a bit more wine. That's the beauty of this recipe, no two are exactly alike. I did a little tasting & this is the best one yet!! I've had the flavor down for a while now, but struggled a bit with the consistency. I think that problem is finally solved. I added a little tomato paste. The gravy still has another 2 hours of simmering to do & my guests will have the final word on Saturday, but, it looks like another recipe checked off as complete!

Posted by Dawn Falcone @ 3:15 AM 2 comments