Saturday, December 03, 2005

Catch Me if You Can

That's what the world is saying to me lately. I'm constantly on the go, frazzled and swimming upstream, or so it seems. Someone stop this damn treadmill - I wanna get off! I'm a bit behind on things & I can't control that since there's just not enough hours in the day for me to catch up. Well, I'm at least going to catch up with all of you. So here's what I've been up to my in life & goings on in no particular order.




  • -Tom & I celebrated our 7th anniversary.
  • -My beautiful blue-eyed nephew turned one. Remember when he was a preemie & we were all praying for him? Well, he's caught up big time!
  • -I joined NAPO, otherwise known as the National Association of Professional Organizers. It's a growing industry & it's part of "lifestyle designer" & cleaning out closets & drawers makes me so very happy.
  • -Momma's latest phrase is - when I go to the other side. Here's an example of how it was recently used. "Dawn, let's go look through my jewelry boxes so you can put aside what you want for yourself when I go to the other side." She chuckles every time she uses this phrase.
  • -Tom celebrated his B-Day.
  • -My mom, sis & aunt threw me a beautiful bridal shower. It was a white Xmas theme with lots of angels & snowy Santas. Hor'dourves, mini pastries, wine & a very sweet, but strong punch was served. The favors were hand painted boxes filled with a lovely array of teas.
  • -My dear friend Mary Lou gave me the loveliest & most personal gift. She hand painted an antique chest & decoupaged a label from an old cigar box on the top of it. She filled the chest with presents that were labeled A-K. On each gift was a card that said something like - for when you like him; for when you really like him; not at all; for who you were; for where you are going; for the fish lover in you; when only chocolate will do; for your softer side; for running to the rescue you; for vintage you. In the boxes were pretty pajamas, sexy black lingerie, flannel pj's, a photo album, the book 1000 Places To See Before You Die, Swedish fish(fav candy), a bag of mini Milky Ways, a bag with sweet smelling lotions, a hand blown glass angel ornament, a stunning vintage orchid pin, & 2 pictures of orchids (fav flower) ready to be framed. Now my entire family wants to invite her to all of our parties!
  • -We got a car. Tom's close friend sold us (for practically nothing) his mom's 10 year old Cutlass Ciera. The car is in mint condition & only has 43,000 miles on it. This grandma car is the perfect vehicle for NYC. We can keep it parked on the street because no one will steal it, but it's really a gem.
  • -I took my grandma car to RI & got an oil change & tune-up & on the way back to NYC it died. The place that serviced my car forgot to put the oil filter back on so, I lost all the oil & it killed my engine.
  • -We now have a lawyer to help us deal with the shop that killed my car. They found another engine with 65,000 miles & are in the process of rebuilding it.
  • -I'm very superstitious & took the entire car incident as a sign that I'm not suppose to own a vehicle while living in NYC. Tom thinks I'm plain crazy.
  • -Poppa & I cooked his famous aioli recipe together. It turned out very good. This means that there are only 4 recipes left to test for the cookbook. 2 are baking, one is a Xmas Eve dish & the other is the easiest recipe on earth. WHOO HOO!
  • AND ON THE WEDDING FRONT:
  • -We ordered the wedding invitations.
  • -The florist put together the centerpieces for my approval & I absolutely love them. The red ostrich feathers really do make a statement.
  • - No wedding cupcakes will be made. We decided on a dessert buffet instead. And I realized that I don't really want to be working like crazy on the cupcakes the day before I'm getting married.
  • -My wedding shoes are bought.
  • -I met with the place having our reception & picked out all of the food. I'm most excited about the pasta station & the dessert buffet.
  • -I'm still trying to figure out what to do with my hair. And I can't decide if I want to wear a veil. It kind of makes me feel like I'm making my 1st communion. But, then I see pics from some celebrity wedding (Demi & Ashton) & I change my mind.
  • -Instead of having a guestbook we are having small cards with WISHES stamped on the outside. We're hoping this will encourage our guests to write something a bit more personal.
  • -The night before the big day we are throwing a bowling/pizza party instead of a rehearsal dinner. It will be laid back & casual & a bit of healthy competition is a good way for everyone to get to know each other.
  • -And here's a pic of our Save The Date magnets. We made them ourselves.

Posted by Dawn Falcone @ 4:00 AM 6 comments

6 Comments:

113371102154247520">  

At 10:43 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I can't believe your car died!! The last time I went to NY, (With Stacey) the same thing almost happened to me. They forgot to put the filter on, but fortunately I caught it in time before the engine went. Did you call the company? Call me,

Your lil sis,
Kim

 
113380052389960772">  

At 11:35 AM, Blogger Jessica Moreau Berry said...

I feel so lucky because I got to see those invites on your fridge!! hee~hee!!

I know what you mean about being busy....BAHHH!

oh-oh....when you come to visit, I'll have to keep you on the run, or you'll want to be organizing my messy house! (it's good to have messy friends, they keep you balanced! HA!)

 
113405695362991218">  

At 10:49 AM, Blogger Dawn Falcone said...

Yup, Kim, my beautiful grandma car is dead! They're in the process of fixing it, but, of course there's all kind of headaches involved. It was suppose to be done on Monday. Stressful!

 
113431408313074208">  

At 10:14 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

For some reason, my Bloglines isn't picking up your feeds, so I didn't know you'd been posting. Those Save the Date magnets are priceless! :) Horrible about the car! Jeez. But the shower and wedding plans sound great. (Probably smart to step away from the cupcake-making.) ;)

 
113433734786616128">  

At 4:42 PM, Blogger Leslie said...

Happy 7th anniversary!

And OMG those magnets are so great! Everything about them . . the picture. . . the idea! I love it! :)

 
113480275628555545">  

At 1:59 AM, Blogger ninjapoodles said...

Hilarious--I followed you here from Michele's and I already have you blogrolled! Hee, hee! But I'm glad I did, because Bloglines has not shown any of your updates for EVER!

OK--I have GOT to see those centerpieces.

And I am SO glad you came to your senses about those cupcakes! I think that was my very first comment here, that you are not gonna wanna be fussing with frosting a gazillion cupcakes the day before your wedding!

The magnets are precious.