Thursday, June 08, 2006

Maine Here I Come

The lovely Sweetpea has invited Hope & I to her farmhouse in Maine. We've been planning the trip for some time, counting down the days. And now it is upon us, or at least it will be bright & early this Friday. We have so many wonderful things planned. Shopping in Portland, visiting area flea markets & antique shops, meeting Jes' family & friends, a computer lesson from Hope, a day of crafting & eating lots and lots of lobster.

It's been years since I've been to Maine, 10 at the very least. I went only once on a camping trip with my old beau, a friend & her man. We were there to go white water rafting, but I can not remember the name of the river. I wasn't too fond of being jolted about & splashed upon. And those wet suits are ridiculous! My favorite part of that trip was when we got out of the rafts because we had reached calmer waters & tried kayaking. That felt much more natural to me. I lost touch with "a friend", Stephanie, about 8 years ago, but recently received an email from her after she saw my wedding photo in the local RI paper. We are going to reconnect once I get back from Jes'.

Spending time with my fellow bloggers who I now consider dear friends is priceless. Jet Blue now flies direct from JFK to Portland - also priceless. I will be sure to take lots of pictures and post them here next week. Have a great weekend!!!!!

Posted by Dawn Falcone @ 1:03 AM 4 comments

4 Comments:

114978945038398291">  

At 1:57 PM, Blogger Liquid Sky Arts said...

Jet Blue is really wonderful, I love those little tv screens on the backs of the seats. :)

Have a great trip!
Cheers!

 
115051069319359283">  

At 10:18 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'd love to go to maine! I've always wanted to visit there!!

Enjoy!

 
115064957309679771">  

At 12:52 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

This is my first visit here via Michele's. Loved hearing about your trip, I have never been to Maine and would love to go see it.
I think it is so cool that you have made these friends through blogging...has always been my hope and wishes to find other artist friends through blogging. Maybe someday I will be so lucky!

 
7808694957817102817">