Friday, March 17, 2006

Wedding Festivities

We leave in a few hours for our honeymoon. I can not even tell you how excited we are about it. We had so much fun at the reception. I was a dancing queen for most of the evening & even changed into a pretty teal dress so I could really boogie. Friends & family did not take many pics at the party, hopefully because they we having too great a time to remember.

The food was exceptionally good, or so I heard. I really didn't eat much at all. We had a cocktail & hors d'oeuvre hour. For dinner we had different stations like salad, turkey & trimmings, steamship round of beef & garlic mashed potatoes. The pasta station was definitely a big hit. In lu of a cake we had a dessert bar with everything from mousse, mud cake, mini pastries & an edible fruit basket that resembled a floral bouquet. You all know how I love my sweets, but all I had was one chocolate covered strawberry & a couple of bits of some amazing oreo cookie cake.

Here are some other highlights;
-Kyle's (Tom's 16 yr old son) best man toast - it was so touching & eloquently written. Sometimes he's wise beyond his years.
-Sharon's (Tom's mother) announcement about not clinging on glasses to get bride & groom to kiss. Instead we asked that guests grab the microphone from DJ & sing a chorus of a song with the word love in it. We were serenaded with everything from All You Need Is Love & That's Amore to the Theme From Love Boat
-Giving bouquet to my grandmother. No tossing it to the single gals - a tradition I always found humiliating. Instead the DJ asked all married couples to dance & the one married the longest (my grandparents at 63 years) received not only the bouquet & the love & admiration of all, but even some fancy chocolate bars.
-My dance with grandfather & 2 uncles. The men in my life who took over the role of father when mine cut out. We danced to Eva Cassidy's version of True Colors. It brought some family members & friends to tears.
-Tom break dancing. Yup. My man can dance. James Brown splits, the worm, spinning on his back.... He really gets the crowd going. He actually told me that he was not going to bust a move like that at our wedding, but when Thriller came on he just couldn't help himself. Much to everyone's delight.
-Feather Centerpieces. You all heard about them months ago. Well, they turned out just beautiful. And it was great to see friends dancing with the plumes between their teeth.

And everything that people told me about their wedding days were true.......It's over too fast, you will not remember every moment, you'll leave starving because you didn't eat, you'll forget about all the hassles, not really care anymore & just have an amazing time.
OUR 1st DANCE


GETTING DOWN

CHILLIN'


PRETTY PLUMES

Posted by Dawn Falcone @ 3:15 AM 7 comments

7 Comments:

114267474110410984">  

At 4:39 AM, Blogger Jessica Moreau Berry said...

MORE FAB pics. Dawn!

have fun on your honeymoon!!

 
114294988897572110">  

At 9:04 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh, Dawn, you look just BEAUTIFUL! Reading this post made me teary--I'm so very happy for you and Tom. And who knew he was such a dancer?! :) Hope you're having just the BEST time on your honeymoon! Here's to a glorious, blessed, graciously long life for both of you together. Much love, Marilyn

 
114322657848077371">  

At 1:56 PM, Blogger Leslie said...

dawn!
Enjoy your honeymoon!

And I can't wait for MORE PHOTOS!

 
114375244215305338">  

At 4:00 PM, Blogger Liquid Sky Arts said...

I hope you two had a wonderful honeymoon!

p.s. We had dyed ostrich feathers in our flower arangements too... what a fun coincidence. I've never seen them elsewhere. :)

 
3893289493687404619">   5453209443791023299">  

At 6:55 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Wonderful and informative web site. I used information from that site its great. »

 
7718010150717216677">  

At 8:25 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I have been looking for sites like this for a long time. Thank you! Order generic tenuate sale Home equity loan calculators Forex in maker market