Monday, March 24, 2008

Things Never To Say To A Pregnant Woman

It 's amazing the things that come put of people's mouths sometimes. It's also quite strange, at least to me, that loved ones, acquaintances and even complete strangers feel the need to voice their opinions about everything when it comes to babies and pregnant women's bodies. Now, I'm very lucky because I have a close group of girlfriends, sisters and cousins that are already on the motherhood journey and are a wealth of information. Tom, my hubby, has also been great with cooking, cleaning, and basically waiting on me & trying to deal with my ever changing moods. I thought I'd compile a small list of things not to say to a pregnant woman unless of course, you'd like to get your butt kicked. Pregnant woman are fierce and and should not be messed with!!


  • "Wow, your butt has really gotten bigger!"
  • "You've got a big ass belly."
  • "You do not look pregnant, just fat."
  • "What's up chubs."
  • "Your boobs are ginormous...they look like Pamela Anderson's"
  • "Are you glowing or did you just puke?"
  • "Are you going to throw up dinner again? Do you know how much that wild salmon cost?"
  • "You look very small for 5 months, are you sure everything is alright?"
  • "You look very tired"
  • "Can't you walk a little faster?"

Suddenly, everyone is an expert on nutrition when it comes to telling you what to eat or not to eat.

  • "You shouldn't eat that shrimp, it's not good for the baby."
  • "You need to eat healthy, you know!" ( said while I was sitting and eating steamed broccoli)
  • "You should basically follow the caveman diet throughout your pregnancy"
  • "Cravings are not real, don't give in to them"

And my advice to mommies-to-be about telling people names that you are considering...Keep Them To Yourself!

  • "I went to school with someone that had that name... he ended up being a child molester"
  • "I don't like that name at all!"
  • "I went to school with someone that had that name & he was a big jerk!"
  • "That name sounds gay"
  • "I went to school with someone that had that name and he wasn't too bright"

Posted by Dawn Falcone @ 8:02 AM 1 comments

1 Comments:

1711419347256642928">  

At 9:59 AM, Blogger Lu said...

The butt comment...my favorite and the one that always made me want to turn around and slap someone!! LOL