Friday, November 27, 2009

Gratitude

I know times are tough for so many people. Unemployment is high, prices keep going up on everything while many of us are experiencing pay cuts or freezes, we are involved in 2 wars, terror trials soon begin here in NYC, the weather is completely out of whack, our country feels incredible divided & Sarah Palin's face is everywhere (Ugh!). Yes, these are difficult times, but I'd like to share some thanks especially now.

I'm grateful to have been given a beautiful son who loves to laugh, run and jump. I'm seeing the world through his eyes & wonderment is all around.

I'm grateful to have a husband who loves me and works hard for our family. We do not always see eye to eye and man are we tired lately but, I do appreciate all that he does.

I'm grateful to have my mom in my life. We bickered so much through my preteens, teens, early twenties & so on. I was not able to fully appreciate all the sacrifices she made for my brother, sister and I until I had a child of my own. Now it's all clear. Thank you mom for always being supportive of my dreams and goals even if they we unconventional. You allowed me to explore my creative side and I'm a better artist because of it.

I'm grateful for the rest of my family. My sister, cousins, aunts, uncles, in-laws, grandparents, are all important pieces of the pie. Love you.

I'm grateful to have amazing girlfriends. Some I've know since I was a child, other we met through life in NYC, blogging, local mom's groups and the restaurant biz. Here's to girl power.

I'm grateful for all the old friends that I've recently reconnected with. Many are from high school & fun old RI days & we've found each other again through FB.

I'm grateful to have my health, creativity in my life, to still feel passion & to still have hope for a wonderful future ahead.

Posted by Dawn Falcone @ 2:08 PM 1 comments