Wednesday, November 05, 2008

Halloween II & Hope




Here's some more pics of my favorite costumes from our neighborhood parade. The lamb was so sweet & she left a trail of cotton balls as she marched down the street. And take a look at the Chrysler Building. Poor little guy was exhausted from holding his head up.




I live in a city called Jackson Heights & it's amazingly diverse. In fact, it's one of the most culturally diverse neighborhoods in the entire world. I swear...look it up. Hundreds of different languages are spoken on the streets. I'm so happy that Leo will grow up here & get to play with kids of all kinds of ethnicity's & religions. He will not even notice things such as the color of someones skin. How great is that?




Last night, Tom & I cried. They were tears of joy, relief and especially hope. Barack Obama has given me & my family a great gift, for without hope, what do you have? I truly believe that he will do all he can to make this country better for my son & generations to follow. Will he falter from time to time...sure, but his heart is in the right place. Finally we are back on track.

Posted by Dawn Falcone @ 12:03 PM 1 comments

1 Comments:

7210436964645971398">  

At 4:47 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh, Dawn! We are so happy for all you guys that Barack Obama won!! I have been thinking about you so much lately since about this time last year we were in NY and talked about these things. I would have wanted to know the results of the election first thing and was really nervous all evening. I was too fidgety to go to bed so I stayed up almost all night writing blog posts and waiting for news. I finally gave in at about 4 am and went to bed. When Pasi got up early in the morning I heard him go to the computer. The first thing I said was: ""What are the results?" Pasi answered "Obama won!". It's rare to wake up to such good news! I fell asleep again with a huge grin on my face. :) Take care, dear friends!