Tuesday, July 29, 2008

READY AND WAITING




I'm officially 40 weeks prego. Our little guy's due date was this past Sunday. Now the waiting game begins. He doesn't seem to be in a big hurry to come on out. We're all so anxious to meet him. My mom & stepdad's bags are packed & they'll jump in the car & head our way from NC as soon as they get the call. Friends text & check in every day. I'm more than ready. Not only do I want to meet this feisty little guy, but I'm excited to get rid of my ginormous belly, swollen feet legs & ankles. And not having my inner thighs rub together when I waddle about will be a treat.




We have been in full blown baby mode for months. Tom took on the very big project of building the nursery. I say building because he took our big bedroom & created a nook for baby Awesome. It comes with a fab pocket door and beautiful molding that actually matches the rest of the bedroom. This was not an easy feat since we live in a Prewar building with original details. I spent a great deal of time sewing a quilt for the baby & designing the rest of the nursery.




The freezer & fridge are fully stocked. The apartment is squeaky clean & we're raring to go. "Come on out little boy. We can't wait to meet you!!" OK. I'm off to drink some Castor oil to help the process along.

Posted by Dawn Falcone @ 5:02 PM 5 comments

5 Comments:

5706339608604766769">  

At 9:33 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Good luck! What an exciting time. You will probably get that "is this a backache?" feeling any minute now and next thing you know you are doubled over in pain - and thank goodness for that! You will be on your way. Keep us posted. kylie

 
225293124155443990">  

At 8:57 PM, Blogger Paper Relics said...

how cute - it looks great!

 
8448888037958142110">  

At 6:27 PM, Blogger Stephanie said...

The room looks wonderful! I never tried the castor oil trick, but I did do lots and lots of walking.

I hope he comes soon for you! Waiting is the worst.

 
5393382308126098715">  

At 9:12 PM, Blogger Unknown said...

hang in there sugar! much love - it's the best best best thing ever!

-Roxanne

 
2014086591280515885">  

At 1:18 PM, Blogger Leslie said...

Congrats!!!! Hope sent me the photo, and boy is he GORGEOUS. I told Hope that I want to gobble him up! =D So happy for you guys!