Saturday, November 01, 2008

Happy Halloween










Our neighborhood, Jackson Heights, really gets into the Halloween spirit. The main avenue is closed down for the annual parade. Kids of all ages get to march, walk or dance down the street while hundreds of people cheer them on. Goody bags are given out and then trick or treatin' takes place in all the local businesses. The kids make out like bandits!

It was our 1st Halloween with Leo & of course we all had to dress up. The costumes were all Tom's idea. I think it was inspired by Auntie Jes from Maine. Leo was the hit of the parade. At least 75 people made Tom stop to take pictures. It's not every day you see a baby being carried around in a big pot dressed like a lobster. There were some other adorable kids in costumes. We're already planning for next year. I figure I maybe have 1 or 2 years when I can dress him however I want, so I'm going to take advantage of it.

Posted by Dawn Falcone @ 10:51 PM 3 comments

3 Comments:

7798971299417761665">  

At 4:36 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

This lobster costume is so hilarious!!! I love your sense of humour! Oh, last Halloween Pasi and I were in New York... It's been a year already! I so hope we'll get the chance to come again soon!

 
2870090976327111642">  

At 10:56 PM, Blogger Liquid Sky Arts said...

What a genius idea... I'm sure you made auntie Jess proud! What cuties!! :)

 
5440393621405645782">  

At 10:18 PM, Blogger Wicked Good Dinner said...

Hi Dawn - your baby is GORGEOS!!!! Congratulations!

Mike and I just signed up for facebook...are you on there? If yes, look us up under Mike or Dawn Viola.

Hope all is going well with your decorating ventures. I think of you every time I make baked cod with crushed crackers.

-Dawn