Tuesday, January 11, 2005

Cooking, Cards & Charity

I tried the braised Chinese chicken recipe last night & the meat came out incredibly moist & tender. Tom wasn't really into the Chinese relish, he doesn't like vinegar with meat or chicken. I, on the other hand, smothered my piece with the stuff. The chicken tasted great on it's own or with the relish, so this recipe is a keeper.

I want to thank Hope Wallace for the beautiful card she sent me. Hope started the Snail Mail program, which is all about sending one another cards & such, the old fashion way. Many of us are addicted to email, but there's something really nice about going to your mailbox & having something in there other than bills. It's especially nice to receive a card with Hope's fab photography on it! I'll soon have a link up to Hope's site if anyone else wants to join.

My friend Caryl told me today that she was surprised that I had not mentioned Brad or Jen's breakup, yet. You all know how I love Brad, but I feel sad about the whole thing. I saw him on Oprah not long ago & he was talking about his wife like he just adored her. He said that he couldn't wait to have kids & he hoped they were girls so he could have little Jens running around. I heard that & thought to myself that he was the sweetest, most perfect guy ever. So, was he just "acting" on Oprah or what?

On a serious note, California Hammonds are up for a BOB Award for Most Inspirational Blog. They are asking people to go to their site today & post a comment to help them raise money for The National Breast Cancer Foundation. They are going to get money for every comment they receive & hope to raise over $1000, so show them some love.

Posted by Dawn Falcone @ 7:14 PM 7 comments

7 Comments:

110549072071193437">  

At 7:45 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Thanks for directing me towards the California Hammonds. I just went to their site & I'm sending friends there as well. It's a great cause.
Jen

 
110553746678499287">  

At 8:44 AM, Blogger Jessica Moreau Berry said...

Ayuh....that's the problem Jon would have with that dish....but I could so see myself devouring it!

I thought Brad and Jennifer were the all american couple? Is he fooling around with that Angelie (sp?) woman? She's always thrusting her boobs and lips around, Drives me batty to watch her. Jon doesn't like it either.....I wouldn't blame him if he did like it, but he says it's way too fake. (I think he'd prefer Jennifer) hahahaha!!

 
110553912393307175">  

At 9:12 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I tried your recipe last night and my family really enjoyed it. I tripled the chinese relish amounts to make a dipping sauce out of it so everyone could take as much or little of it as they like. Thanks and I'll be checking back for new recipes soon.

 
110563457625191183">  

At 11:42 AM, Blogger Dawn Falcone said...

Gordon, Thanks! I had no idea that my links in the post did that. I'm really sure how to do what you said, but I'll try & figure it out. I'm may have to ask for a blogging lesson from you.

 
5127659929277054417">   5391356881699325926">   1748176376122622721">