Wednesday, April 13, 2005

Duran Duran

Tonight is the Duran2 concert & I'm giddy with excitement. To get in the mood I played their new CD, Astronaut. It's pretty good. Tom made a screen saver of them. He likes to change the one on my computer from time to time. He'll put up pics of us, monkeys, etc. One night I came home from work & Rick Springfield(a.k.a. Dr. Noah Drake from General Hospital) was up on the screen. That came about after watching VH1's I Love The 80's. I probably said something like, "Hey Rick Springfield was really talented. He wrote his own songs & could play the guitar. He was like a genius compared to some pop stars of today." Well maybe not a genius. Anyway, back to Duran Duran!! I'm playing Rio right now. Yes, vinyl, in all it's scratching, hissing glory. I've got to get ready now. I was thinking of going to show totally 80's style. You know, big teased hair sprayed with Aqua Net, a bedazzled sweater with Linda Evans shoulder pads & stretch jeans with scrunchie socks pulled over them. TEEHEE.... Just kidding!!

Posted by Dawn Falcone @ 8:57 PM 8 comments

8 Comments:

111347885142557988">  

At 7:40 AM, Blogger Jessica Moreau Berry said...

So how was the concert?? I think you should've dressed up in 80's gear! AHHHH....the memories of a good old fashioned hairspray high!

I loved the fart story, as we are very "gas" oriented here as well, Jon and his Dad are the masters...can you imagine me spending the night on a 46 ft. boat with the 2 of them...and in the morning it sounds like there are a couple of DUCKS in the bunks with us! (yes, their farts sounds like the loud quack of a duck!) I can't believe I just told you that! hahaha!

Anyhoo....glad your birthday went well, and that place you went to eat sounded FAB!!! I might like to try that place out one day! wink~wink

 
111350037270172971">  

At 1:39 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Did you have fun? Remember kissing their pictures before we went to bed at night and how I couldn't have John Taylor because he was yours? Hehehehe.

Your sis,
Kim

 
111350063294399245">  

At 1:43 PM, Blogger Dawn Falcone said...

Jes- The concert was great. They sounded & looked really good. The crowd was so into it.
Tom calls his farts Mexican barking spiders. I'm not sure where that cxame from.
Kim- John Taylor is still mine!!!!

 
111351352980548764">  

At 5:18 PM, Blogger Liquid Sky Arts said...

Hey Dawn!

Thanks so much for the sweet comment, I will take you up one day on that offer. :)

My sister had a great time too when she went to see Duran Duran two weeks ago in Minnessotta...she was telling a 16 year old girl about the concert and felt kind of old when she realized the girl had no clue who Duran Duran was. LOL. She just hadn't been enlightened yet. ;)

 
111351782937994510">  

At 6:30 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I must admit I was never a Duran Duran fan...but I could see how John Taylor (in is younger years) could have made a young girl's heart pitty-patter with excitement. (Now, if you were talking about INXS...) :) Glad to hear it was a good show.

 
111354891398400929">  

At 3:08 AM, Blogger Dawn Falcone said...

I did like Inxs, but I wasn't as obsessed with them as DD2. I saw Inxs live on their Listen Like Thieves tour. They were really good & the lead singer was so hot. He kind of reminded me of Jim Morrison.

 
639467961249969486">   556117543040981242">