Monday, June 13, 2005

Chillin' & Grillin'

I hope everyone had a good weekend. We went to a BBQ on Saturday! I know that for many of you this is a regular occurrence (lucky dogs). You can step out into your yard & fire up the grill at any time, but, for us it's a big event. We headed to Jersey City, which is a town on the rise. I was pleasantly surprised by the cute little cafes & funky shops. The streets are tree lined with rows of beautifully restored brownstones. Is it me or does everything taste better grilled in the warm months? Portabella mushrooms, asparagus & eggplant - YUM. Shrimp on the bar-bie. Ribs drenched in a bourbon sauce - to die for! Our host Bryant said he grills almost every weekend so we can drop by anytime. Yes, we'll take him up on his offer.
On the way back to the train I had a little mishap. My sandal broke. I wasn't walking around in cheap little flip flops, either. They were brown, wooden, wedge-heeled Steve Maddens. The straps were leather & suede & they totally snapped apart. Could not be salvaged. I tried to hobble along with one shoe but, Tom took pity on me. He took off his Tevas & strapped them on my tootsies & journeyed barefoot. He said his calloused feet could withstand the elements. "If there's a sliver of glass to be found", he said, "your foot will find it." This is true. I must admit that I got quite a kick out of him walking around the subways in Jersey, Manhattan & Queens without shoes. And did we get some strange looks from people. First they stared at Tom's footsies in disbelief & then looked over at me with shoes so big they resembled flippers. To walk I had to lift my knees high, flick my toes forward & slap my foot down. HA! What a sight!

Posted by Dawn Falcone @ 2:02 PM 6 comments

6 Comments:

111876485452569075">  

At 12:00 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm laughing just thinking about the sight of you two walking around like that... :)

 
115271524590546539">  

At 10:40 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Wonderful and informative web site.I used information from that site its great.
interactive design a house richardson computers debt consolidation quote

 
7354376971963135536">   8381135944342754152">  

At 7:25 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Best regards from NY! »

 
8736717006667410418">   1441651699302247366">