Tuesday, July 01, 2008

Showered With Love






My mom threw Tom & I a lovely baby shower some weeks back. We had it at a local Italian restaurant that's very old school. The place always reminds Tom & I of Goodfellas. The staff is very attentive and they served up lots of Italian standards like chicken parm & rum cake (YUMMO!) & the not so Italiano standard Sangria. I just had to add some beautiful blue cupcakes, too from this fab place. It's not a party without cupcakes.




The moms (mine from NC & Tom's from VA) came in the day before to help put together centerpieces. We even had a few car fulls of Rhode Islanders in attendance. Included in one of those cars was my dearest friend Mary Lou who made us the cutest diaper cake ever. She did a jungle theme with a monkey on top. Guess what was in the center of the cake? The one thing I've been craving from the beginning of this pregnancy - a bottle of champagne!!!! My cousin Lea, who was so very pregnant, also made the journey. She was such a good sport walking all over NYC with swollen piggies all weekend long. Someone did take a belly pic of the 2 of us, but I haven't received it yet. She didn't have to suffer for too long because a few weeks later Ethan Mathew was born.



I must also mention that my TAO co-workers threw Tom & I a surprise shower some months back. It was just so beautiful & I wish I had pictures of it to share. Food, cake, champagne & lots of laughter filled the air. Their generosity was overwhelming. They took such good care of baby Awesome.

Posted by Dawn Falcone @ 4:06 PM 4 comments

4 Comments:

4113969241259513227">  

At 10:32 AM, Blogger Sara said...

Hi, thanks for visiting my blog...Your baby shower looks great! So when is the baby due??

 
4276029257999749136">  

At 11:37 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Greetings from Missouri via Michele.

Congrats on the upcoming addition to your family. My "babies" are 17, 12 and 8. My eldest just turned 17 and my wife and I were marveling how fast the time has gone.

(Love the title to your web journal, BTW. There is absolutely no non-dessert food that cannot be enhanced with a little garlic and grated Romano.)

Cheers.

 
8364854934692952584">  

At 11:40 AM, Blogger MorahMommy said...

It sounds like you had a wonderful time.

My littlest baby is turning 8 at the end of the month. They grow so fast! sigh...

Michele sent me today!

 
1925962870523990622">