Monday, December 21, 2009

Snow Day


Much of the East coast was blanketed with lovely snow and NYC was no exception. It started Saturday afternoon while we were at a Christmas party. It was nice to look out at the Hudson River watching it fall from the sky. The local weathermen had already labeled it Blizzard 09' but we were not giving into the hype. They are always wrong about this stuff.

We, being good city folks, made sure Leo's stroller was encased in plastic to protect him from the elements. He kept sticking his hands out to grab at the flakes. By the time we put our baby to sleep that evening and headed out the door to another party it looked like those forecasters were dead wrong. Nothing was accumulating at all. A few stuffed mushrooms and hours later we walked outside to a winter wonderland of snow! It was so glorious that I just had to drop on the sidewalk and make a snow angel.

I awoke at 4am that morning so excited to show Leo what took place while he slept. He decided to sleep until 6:30am. Once he was up I opened his shade and held him to look out his window. "Whas dat?" he asked pointing outside. "Snow" I replied. His answer? "Wow". We stood there for a good 10 minutes while Leo babbled on with amazement. I could not wait to take him out in it but I decided to wait until after his 1st nap of the day.

I was like a kid on Christmas Eve getting him dressed for his adventure. He was not too happy about all the layers, squirming and pulling at his hat & coat. He did like his snow boots which look very much like Tom's, Leo noticed with glee. We headed out to our backyard sans stroller. This in itself is a rare occurrence and made our little man quite happy.

So, in my head I had envisioned Tom and I making a snowman for Leo while he rolled in the snow at our feet laughing. I thought we'd be out there for at least a half hour and come back to our cozy place and whip up some hot chocolate. That dream may still happen but probably not this year. Leo took one step in the white stuff and fell face 1st. He was not amused by this. I quickly gathered a snowball and tossed it in front of him. He liked this. I gave him his own to throw and he actually got a little excited. But again he tried to take a step and landed on his face. Game over. Not even the sight of me making a snow angel interested him. He was completely over it. Our venture lasted a grand total of 5 minutes.

Posted by Dawn Falcone @ 5:15 AM 3 comments

3 Comments:

1448429509056798986">  

At 7:43 AM, Blogger Jessica Moreau Berry said...

I can SO see you just dropping down and making a snow angel!!

And I can't help but laugh at poor Leo!! It must be a frustrating feeling not being able to get your feet to work right when you think you've finally got this walking biz all figured out! LOL!

I can't believe how big he looks!! I miss you guys and I would just love to cover his little face with slurpy-auntie-kisses!!!

we need a phone gabbing session soon! I am home all day Mon. and Tues.....

xoxox

 
2545336449373341976">   1373801514572124332">