Tuesday, January 12, 2010

Wishes for 2010

Happy New Year to all. I've never been one for resolutions since I think it just puts so much pressure on ourselves. Instead I make wishes for the new year. I'm not just wishing upon a star & hoping they all come true. I'll put some work in and try to make them become a reality.

My big wish for the new year is to spend more time doing the things that I truly love. I'm now at a point in my life where I'm beginning to wonder what it's all about. Is this really why we are here to work, work and work so hard spending time away from our families? Only getting to spend quality time with dear friends once in a blue moon? Days of just relaxing and recharging ourselves are few and far between. Time spent being free to be creative are even fewer and farther between. Maybe this is just life here in NYC. Maybe in other parts of the country and the world things are very different. I'm not sure but I'm tired of working and feeling like I have little to show for it.

I dream of spending days with Tom and Leo under the Costa Rican sun playing, cooking and creating together. I fantasize about having enough space to entertain family and friends the way that I know I could. I urn to nurture a beautiful garden, not just a tiny window box. I guess I'm searching for true freedom. Does that even exists? Well if you are born into say the Hilton or Johnson family maybe. Or if you hit Mega Millons. But, one can not pin their hopes on such things.

So I'm going to find ways in this new year to create that dream and bring it to fruition. Works less but make more. Maybe invent something or write a few ebooks to help during the slower times. Or for times when me and my boys are chillaxing on a sandy beach. What are your dreams for the near year? I hope they come true!

Posted by Dawn Falcone @ 9:12 PM 1 comments