Wednesday, February 10, 2010

I Dream of Marshmallows

Big, thick, creamy ones. Not anything that can be purchased in a store or comes in a plastic bag, though I've enjoyed those immensely. Nope, today I'm dreaming of the homemade delicacies from City Bakery. It's hot chocolate month there & I've yet to get me even one sip. Today's flavor is "Moulin Rouge". MMMmmm..sounds hot.

There are a few things that you begin to realize once you have a child. One is that you may forever have dark, puffy circles under your eyes from lack of sleep. The other is that time is no longer your own. Gone are the days of wandering around the city just to window shop or explore. Leisurely strolls through art museums are few and far between. Special trips to City Bakery 14 times in the month of February just to get my hands on the latest chocolaty nectar are non-existent. At least until Leo goes to school.

Posted by Dawn Falcone @ 7:54 PM 3 comments

3 Comments:

6282101530267756981">  

At 9:42 PM, Blogger sandra p said...

This makes me want to do two things...

1) Go to either City Bakery in NYC and get some hot chocolate...or go to The Bent Spoon in Princeton, NJ and get some hot coco, both with homemade marshmallows or course

2) Make sure and bring back some for you and Leo as well! (I would just feel guilty about getting some and nor sharing it with you!)

I guess I'm going to have to be content with Swiss Miss tonight as my car is buried under 18 inches of snow...

 
1445072366032029562">  

At 10:30 PM, Blogger Dawn Falcone said...

I would be forever grateful if you brought Leo & I back a cup!!

18inches of snow? H0LY COW! Swiss Miss will have to do.

 
6051831343287500033">  

At 12:58 PM, Blogger Looking Best for the Dress said...

Hi! I started a new blog to document my weight loss journey. Since I want to be brutally honest, I've kept it anonymous - therefore can't invite my friends to read it. I'm looking for some followers so I have a little support in this. Check out my blog if you'd like! :)