Friday, March 04, 2005

B.I.B.

Every Sunday when Tom & I wake up we look at each other & say "Who's gonna bring us breakfast in bed?" Inevitably one of us gets up & poaches the eggs & fries the bacon, but in dreamland we wish we had a butler to brings it to us in our warm cozy cocoon. Tom was on vacation this week & he asked me on what day I was going to serve him b.i.b, so I did it yesterday. I made Nigella's poached egg recipe, well it wasn't really her recipe, since I couldn't find her version. I simply sliced some chorizo & sauteed it in with some kale & a bit of olive oil & salt & pepper. I poached the eggs in Momma's fab pan & place it on top. I can't even remember the last time I made him b.i.b. but, I definitely remember the last I was on the receiving end of it.

It was for my B-Day a couple of years ago. Tom set an alarm & hopped out of bed(that almost never happens) & headed out. I woke up to the smell of fresh brewed coffee & breakfast aromas. I was still half asleep when I heard this loud crash coming from the kitchen. It sounded as if the cabinent that held all of our dishes & glassware crashed to the ground. I ran into the kitchen & Tom was on the knelt over a tray, broken glass & food all of which were on the floor. He looked up at me & shouted "Go back to bed, please!!". Well I did what I was told(that, too, almost never happens) & a few minutes later he entered the room & said in the calmest voice he could muster "Due to some technical difficulties, breakfast will be delayed a bit, so please go back to sleep." I was wide awake but, I didn't dare get out of bed. I waited & waited & finally after close to an hour, Tom entered the room with a beautiful tray of food. I don't remember what he made for me that day, but, I'll never forget the way he looked as he entered the bedroom. He was covered in sweat, like he had just run a marathon & he looked so relieved as he placed the tray onto the bed. We now think that b.i.b. is totally overrated, but, if a butler ever comes our way with hot breakfast on a tray, we definitely won't turn him away!

Posted by Dawn Falcone @ 7:05 PM 5 comments

5 Comments:

111002614204739813">  

At 7:35 AM, Blogger Jessica Moreau Berry said...

Oh that story was a funny one! POOR Tom!! I could just picture the sweat & stress! BUT what a sweetie he is!

 
111022012215917678">  

At 1:28 PM, Blogger Leslie said...

What a sweetie that Tom is......memories like these are so wonderful, aren't they?

 
115267886626853020">  

At 12:34 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

You have an outstanding good and well structured site. I enjoyed browsing through it
» »

 
973527838164668397">   7880495327856110645">