Thursday, March 03, 2005

Can You See The Light?

Blogger has not been worker right the past few days, at least not for me. I tried to post yesterday, but could not & now I don't remember what I was going to say. I'm sure it would have been brilliant.
Today I worked another restaurant double(15 hours) & boy, do I feel depressed. Not like, so sad I want to cap myself, depressed. It's more like, is there any light at the end of this tunnel?, depressed. I really want to finish my cookbook by the end of this year & get my web store up & running by then too. It's so hard to work on all the things that I love & want to do when I spend close 40 hours a week waiting tables to pay the bills. I wish I could spend my days only doing the things that bring me joy- cooking, crafting, creating, writing, etc.... Am I being unrealistic? Wouldn't it be wonderful to have a job that feeds your passions, creativity & soul? To go "to work" & get to do the things that you love to do. I guess it would no longer feel like a job, but be something so much more than that. I'm hoping that day will come for me soon. I'm trying so hard not to let my bill paying gig break my spirit. Does anyone have any advice or words of experience or wisdom to share? As always thanks for listening.

Posted by Dawn Falcone @ 5:08 AM 8 comments

8 Comments:

110985418044431058">  

At 7:49 AM, Blogger Marilyn said...

Absolutely no words of advice, I'm afraid. Just wanted to say, "I feel your pain"...having just spent 4 years in the exact type of soul-sucking job I swore I would never do again. Hang in there...your time will come...I'm SURE of it. :)

 
110986900225125254">  

At 11:56 AM, Blogger Unknown said...

the great thing is that you know what you want, and what will make you happy. and you're not isolated, so your dreams can't be killed.... if you know what I mean.

 
110988823027792759">  

At 5:17 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Don't give up hope. You are just tired and everything seems insurmountable when you are exhausted. First take care of yourself physically, get healthy and strong and keep plugging away at your projects, they will lead you to where you want to be.
Hugs and thanks for the visit and support!

 
110989812717342154">  

At 8:02 PM, Blogger foodiechickie said...

I've been feeling the same way myself a lot lately. I guess everything seems really awful when they are all happing at the same time. I wish you luck!

 
110997893138328857">  

At 6:28 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh, I can totally feel you on this one, Ms. Dawn. Spring is coming (someday-lol) and things will start to look up when you accomplish a bit more on the book...even though it's hard to get enough time now.

Hang in there...
Moira

 
111002633881335213">  

At 7:38 AM, Blogger Jessica Moreau Berry said...

I understand totally!

Doing that double every Tuesday usually makes me feel so dragged out and uninspired on Wednesdays! This past Weds. I beat the blues and went snowshoing with ny best friend! Gave me loads of energy for the rest of the week! I think I'll do something like that every Weds. if I can get away with it!

 
115281508593408930">  

At 2:24 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Looking for information and found it at this great site...
»

 
5261845328003332692">