Sunday, August 28, 2005

cupcake crazed

I'm a bit obsessed with cupcakes lately. I ordered 3 books on the subject from Amazon. No, I haven't gone off the deep end. We are having them instead of a cake at our wedding. Tom is very concerned about how they will taste. He wants some kind of cream filling. I care more about what they will look like. Unless we make them wheat or gluten-free, I can't eat them anyway. We'll be making them, hopefully with the help of our families, the day before our big event. I really want them to look elegant & to match the colors of the wedding. I've also been searching for a way to display them. EBay had some nice plexiglass tiered cakestands, but, they were a bit pricey ($175). So, I visited a local cake decorating store to find a solution. The outcome was positive. I ordered 5 different size plates & pillars, all in the same material. I'm going to hot glue them together to form a wedding cake stand. The total cost is 100 bucks, so I saved a bit of cash. I love that!!! And I can even put it up on Ebay after I'm done with it. Whoo Hoo!! Things are really moving along in the wedding planning department.

Posted by Dawn Falcone @ 12:47 AM 2 comments