Wednesday, March 15, 2006

JUST MARRIED

First, the boobs shrunk by Saturday & the dress fit!!! WHOO HOO!! I had to use Hollywood tape to keep it up. I did the usual - got my hair done professionally, Dillon (cousin's girlfriend) made me up beautifully. I was stressing a bit before I left for the ceremony because my sister & brother (who gave my away) were very late for the pictures. I was not nervous at all until I was standing at the top of the staircase in the mansion waiting to be married. It suddenly hit me! I was crying & freaking. My bro just told me that everything was going to be alright & than I heard the pianist playing my song.

I didn't even notice that my mom (maid of honor) & Kyle (best man) had not even walked down the aisle, yet. So I had to stand in the doorway for a bit, but Tom couldn't see me. Everything was fine as soon as I turned the corner & saw my husband to be. He was absolutely beaming with tears in his eyes. My fears melted away. I can not tell you what our Reverend Eric Wolffe said in his greeting. I was on cloud nine & couldn't focus. I came to when our readers took centerstage. Karen (Tom's sister) read Shakespeare's Sonnet #105 & Gina (also Tom's sis) read an excerpt from The Little Prince. They performed their pieces with so much heart & soul. We were so honored they put forth that kind of effort for us. Friend Paul Raff read a personal message that made our audience laugh & made them teary eyed as well.

Then we read our vows to each other. We each wrote about 4 lines & then recited vows that we had pieced together. Tom & I thought it was a funny coincidence that our personal vows, which we didn't share until that very moment, contained similar themes - passion, creativity & humor.

A special little moment in our ceremony came next. We asked Tom's stepfather Bill, to pass around our wedding bands (they were tied together) so that each guest could bless them by saying a wish, pray, thought, etc. God Only Knows by The Beach Boys was played during this. Then we placed the rings on each other's finger, but still were not pronounced man & wife. A Cliffhanger!! First, we lit the unity candle, which is a Catholic tradition. In a church ceremony once the unity candle is lit by the couple & the candles representing the bride & groom separately, are blown out. We added our own twist to that. We left all three candles lit because to us a marriage is a joining of 2 individuals and we never want to lose sight of our individual selves. Then finally we were pronounced husband & wife & got to kiss each other! Well worth the wait!!

THE WEDDING PARTY

MY WALK DOWN THE AISLE

EYE TO EYE

THE RINGS


THE KISS!!!

HUSBAND & WIFE!!

Posted by Dawn Falcone @ 7:51 AM 9 comments

9 Comments:

114253817535424381">  

At 2:42 PM, Blogger Dawn Falcone said...

Sorry Yvonne, I was waiting for friends & family to send me more pics. I added some more, but still don't think they show off just how beautiful the dress truly was.

 
114254954555586721">  

At 5:52 PM, Blogger Jessica Moreau Berry said...

Oh Dawn...you look absolutely stunning! I'm actually a bit teared up at the moment....must be the beer!

Oh, and Tom...you don't look so bad yourself!!

I'm glad you had a beautiful day! I thought about you all weekend!

 
114256511053545638">  

At 10:11 PM, Blogger i *heart* paper said...

Hurray! You look beautiful - I'm so glad the dress worked out (I just knew it would!!). Looks like a simply wonderful day!!

 
114256903420360752">  

At 11:17 PM, Blogger Liquid Sky Arts said...

I love those big red velvety roses in your bouquet, & what a stunning couple you two make! :)
Congratulations!

 
114261020379762571">  

At 10:43 AM, Blogger Leslie said...

I'm getting teary-eyed too!

I love how you did your hair. So soft and pretty! :)

P.S. More pics! More pics! :)

 
114330004234612983">  

At 10:20 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Damn,

I take good pictures !

Can't you tell which are mine and which are Kim's ?

Congradts again !

~Brother Bob

 
7018370936309893835">   6468320497317421636">   3461538424855888935">