Sunday, February 12, 2006

Growing Family


There's a new addition to my large Italian family. Jared David was born early Monday. He arrived right on target, although it's hard to tell because my cousin Lea's due date was changed about 4 times. She looked ready to drop him at Xmas time, but baby Jared was not quite ready to enter the world, yet. My family kept telling her that she was going to go into labor on Super Bowl Sunday & sure enough her water broke right before the game started. She called her doctor right away & told him that although her water broke, she wasn't having any contractions. He told her to try & hold out until after the game!! And it a very good thing that the Miami Dolphins were not playing because her husband David is their biggest fan & he probably wouldn't have missed that for anything.

Lea had a pretty rough labor & delivered natural (not really by choice). She pushed so hard that she broke all of the blood vessels in her face & eyes. Now that's something they never tell you about the joys of child birth. Anyway, my cousin was feeling pretty exhausted when her brother(the baby's godfather), walked into her hospital room & exclaimed, "My God! What did you give birth through your face!!??" Isn't brotherly love grand? The baby is a healthy 8 pounds & 11 ounces & he is the 29th family member. I'm counting just grandparents, my mom, her sisters, their mates, 1st cousins & their partners & all of the 4th generation babies. Only the family members who gather for functions & holidays. Isn't he cute!! I'll get to meet him in person in a couple of weeks.

Posted by Dawn Falcone @ 4:22 PM 6 comments

6 Comments:

114010888875412824">  

At 11:54 AM, Blogger Liquid Sky Arts said...

What a beautiful baby... LOL, and I'm with Hope.... I didn't just read that about the blood vessels! ;)

 
114014597963199600">  

At 10:12 PM, Blogger i *heart* paper said...

How beautiful! And how exciting for your family - truly wonderful news! Best wishes :-)

 
114038958041145545">  

At 5:53 PM, Blogger Jessica Moreau Berry said...

OHHHH BABY!!....he is just adorable isn't he!

 
114049267365891798">  

At 10:31 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

He's a beauty...but oh lord, the blood vessels...I've never heard of that happening...scary.

 
114093490829304965">  

At 1:21 AM, Blogger Leslie said...

What a sweet pea!!!! Oh the early days of life of wee ones are some of my most cherished!!

And I love the giving birth through your face comment!!!! Very funny!

 
5069095065298834563">