Sunday, June 13, 2010

Piddles in the Potty

Ahh the joys of potty training. Or lack of. We bought a potty many months ago but I decided not to push it much. Leo is 2 months shy of 2 years old & changing poopy diapers is not my favorite thing. I have no idea why people complain about newborn diapers. That was nothing. Yes it came in a variety of strange colors but it actually did not smell all that bad. Fast forward to now when Leo is eating solid food...WHEW!

So, Leo will sit on his potty (with his diaper on) from time to time & pretend to push one out, but that's about it. Until a few nights ago when Tom & I were getting him ready for bath & bedtime. We took his diaper off & he ran around the apartment just like he does every night squealing with glee. I noticed that he stopped and kind of held his knees together so I asked him if he'd like to pee on the potty. His response, "OK". We had a very minor victory. 3 droplets trickled out into his potty. Of course Tom & I clapped & cheered & showed him his fine work. He actually did not seem all that impressed. And since then there has not been any progress. No repeat performance. Like my mom always says, "He's not going to have a plug, blankie or diapers in college so do not worry too much about those things."

Posted by Dawn Falcone @ 11:17 PM 3 comments

3 Comments:

107033982222340439">  
3883437016704550540">   1641842317791571418">